What's new
What's new

RFQ some small turned parts

adammil1

Titanium
I had a friend over the other day who makes and sells some product to the hobby and I was showing him some of the work I did. He was pretty impressed and suggested I try to sell some of the parts I made as a final assembly. I figure I would need the following pieces shown in the image below made up each assembly would include 1 of each. It seems as though Practical Machinist won't let me attach the pdfs or step models so I am going to just attach an image of the 3 parts to give you an idea.

For the part BZL-003 in the middle I figure it would be easier to just send over the step file. It is decorative so the actual geometry doesn't matter too much, it only matters on the inside bore diameter, but I could detail the drawing further if needed.
BZL_PEM1.5_001.jpg

Before I waste anyone's time on this I am estimating in order to make it worth my while I would need to be at about $30-$40 for a set of the 3 parts. To test the waters I would probably be looking at 50pcs or 100pcs of BZL-002 & BZL-003 and maybe 75-125pcs of BZL-001 (the small little one)

Are these numbers reasonable for such volume, or will the costs be much higher or preferably lower? If interested please either respond here or send me an email [email protected].

Thanks,

Adam

Sorry I noticed the picture quality is hard to see so here they are closer up;
BZL_001.JPGBZL_002.JPGBZL_003.JPG

Note fro BZL_002 it can be any old steel or possibly even aluminum, while the other two need to be made of brass.

Actually, missing 2 dim's on BZL-001 as well as various geometry from BZL-003 that can be taken from the model, but that shouldn't affect the quoting process.

I would sure hope that those parts at the qtys you mentioned - should come in easily under your required pricing to make it viable.

Only one of those parts is "small" aint it? :skep:

-------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

i agree, bob is a good guy, IMO many people do small turning work, and never even get a returned response to a quote they submitted, even when they know they submitted the lowest quote.I guess this forum is no different than any other business, they all have there "clicks".

Cheer away.......Bob is a good cookie. He does all my small work and no complaints here...............

i agree, bob is a good guy, IMO many people do small turning work, and never even get a returned response to a quote they submitted, even when they know they submitted the lowest quote.I guess this forum is no different than any other business, they all have there "clicks".

You can call them cliques(not clicks)..............but most would call them working relationships. I have customers that send me work even though I'm not the lowest price. We have a relationship built on a long history. They know my quality and on time delivery is way more important than price.

I wonder if Parts Badger is a shop at all?.............the web site sucks, no list of equipment, no part samples, seems to promise the world. Looked up the address and at the street view it is not an industrial complex. Looks to be an office building. Must be a spammer/broker?

Back