What's new
What's new

RFQ 1000 7/8 x 3/8 x 2.75" miter corner brackets 6061T6 prefered to join mitered tube

aluminumwelder

Plastic
RFQ 1000 7/8 x 3/8 x 2.75" miter corner brackets 6061T6 prefered to join mitered tube

View attachment 174015View attachment 174016View attachment 174017
I need RFQ for 1000 pieces of APPROXIMATELY the attached drawings. the corner bracket is 3/8" thick. the corner hole is 1/4" diameter. The photo IS AN EXAMPLE of what these parts will be used for. The photo does NOT represent the actual part, but is similar.
Saw cut ends are fine. cosmetic finsih is not important. I prefer 6061T6 Al, but alloy is not really that important, can even use steel.

Here is the background story. I use 0.5x1.0 retangular Al 6063 tube (0.0625" wall so internal dimensions of 3/8" x 7/8") to make frames that are about 2x3 ft in size. the frames are hinged together to make a portable display system which is skinned with 1/16" plastic sheets using double sided vhb tape. So not a lot of loads on the frame. we make a LOT of these throughout the year.

I am currently welding the tube together at the corners, in the past I have hired welders, but I want a simpler process.

I know this can work because I have seen it done with solar panel frames, as illustrated in the photos. You just hammer the corner joint into both ends and it works great. While I prefer a part that can just be hammered in, I am also open to using an industrial epoxy like Lords or 3M 0115.

I am not sure of the tolerances that are needed so I can either send some tube for fit up purposes or you can send some samples for me to test. Please email a quote. if you call please follow up with an email of yoru contact information. [email protected]

Lastly if you have made this type of part before and have some suggestions on suggested tollerances and leg lengths please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Back