What's new
What's new

Okuma LNC 8 / Cadet intermittent issue

Fulcircleny

Cast Iron
Good afternoon All,
I am having an issue with my Cadet 5020L control, set up and ran the first pc fine, then this morning I got this error message: 201-4 Alarm A Servo Amp Z- AXIS 2C6
I came on here, and searched, and found a couple of similar issues but I am no electronics guy,,, in one thread the guy powered down and for lack of better term, let the machine rest a while, so I did it.
Power up, no message about an hour later it happened again.
Same message. I have a sister machine, and can rob from it, if need be, I just don't know what to Rob. Anyone have similar issues in the past, and if so, what and where do I start? Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Chris

When the problem occurs check the alarm LEDs on the Z axis drive. It is located in the upper left of the left hand cabinet in the back. It will be the drive on the bottom, should be a BDL50. There is an explanation of the LEDs in the Maintenance manual.

Good morning Pipes,

ok, it just popped while I was looking at this thread, it is the third red led from the left, which maintenance manual, the thin 'operation and maintenance' or? I have sister machines, but this one, is my finish machine, with the air chuck required for this job...

OK, I found the correct manual. so it seems low voltage? what do I go after next?

Last edited:
Bad to worse, now, I get no leds, on the BLD 50. should I swap it with its sister, and see if that does it?
I hate to cook 2...

I decided to risk it, so I took the seemingly bad board, and installed it in the sister, rather than install the good one, and the down machine. The issue followed the board. I installed the good board, in the originally down machine, and have been running for about an hour, so I think I confirmed it. First, Thank you Pipes for the response, second anyone have an Idea where to send this board for repair? Thank you all who took the time to read this thread, have a good Saturday
Regards,
Chris

Thank you JPS, I will give them a call. I have called a couple of places but so far no warm fuzzy feelings, unless I am willing to drain my account, that is. Thanks for the response!
Regards,
Chris

You should also quote Okuma. Sometimes they're way off in left field.

Sometimes they are surprisingly competitive. It's worth a call at least.

Good morning everyone,
So if anyone was following this, I ended up sending out 2 BRD 50 top boards. I sent them to

ERD LTD.

705 Indeneer Drive,

Kernersville NC

The repairs were made as per their website pricing (671.00 each)They included a failure analysis report, and a repair / replace report. the boards were repaired and replaced in just over 2 work weeks. They offer a warranty, but I can not comment on whether or not it holds great value. They arrived at my shop well packed, in antistatic bags, and bubble wrap. I installed only one at this time, but the machine is up and running, no issues. Overall a good experience, so I would not hesitate to recommend them, they list quite a few OTHER Okuma board numbers that they repair, as well.

Happy New year to all!
Regards,
Chris

Back