What's new
What's new

I bought a lot of tools and two blocks came with it...took me a while

dcsipo

Diamond
The lot contained these two plates with diamond hatching
angle blocks.jpg
first i thought they were some odd shaped lapping flats, but they turned out to be angle blocks. One is 30/45[SUP]o[/SUP] the other is 60[SUP]o[/SUP] and something else i did not bother to measure. They are nicely made, but obvious home brew. One is about 0.1" thicker than the other. But here is the curious thing. the only side that is precisely lapped is the diamond hatched side, they readily wring together and it takes some tugging to get them apart, none of the other sides lapped enough to wring, They look like they were just ground on a fine wheel. I stoned off any burrs diamond filed the edges to remove the sharpness. What puzzles me is why would anyone lap the face of two angle blocks? There is no utility in wringing them together that way.

dee
;-D

Is it the other way around? Did the maker take an existing lapping block and make a couple of angle blocks out of it?

Did not think of that...still gives you a Hmmm moment...why screw up a lapping plate? But anywho...i have them so i will use them A couple angle blocks i can use to lap small parts with

dee
;-D

Back