What's new
What's new

Storage boxes for small tools, parts, inserts, etc

Forrest Addy

Diamond
Here's yet another link - this one to Schaller who among other things makes small plastic boxes and bins to subdivide and organize drawer space. They are red, available in a wide variety of modular sizes, and have radiused corners and vertical sides for maximum compactitude. (My word. Made it myself. But you guys can use it should you need an abstract noun to dig yourself out of a grammatical hole.)Schaller Corporation - Not Found of all they are cheap, strong, and easy to clean.

The only problem with Schaller boxes is that once I bought a few, I started having new organizational ideas and keep buying more :D

Just hit the fish and tackle aisle of any store and get some Plano storage boxes the ones with removable dividers. They have a latching lid and stack rather well in a tool box or on a shelf. I've probably got a dozen of them running around , keeps everything where I need it and keeps dust out.

Alternative Boxen

Cheap coated steel bread loaf tins, El Cheapo kitchenware / bakeware (Big Lots).

They have rounded corners arredy. The flange will run in an ignorant table saw kerf, matched pair of wooden upright panels if a stack of sliding "drawers" is wanted.

Just hit the fish and tackle aisle of any store and get some Plano storage boxes the ones with removable dividers. They have a latching lid and stack rather well in a tool box or on a shelf. I've probably got a dozen of them running around , keeps everything where I need it and keeps dust out.

I don't know if they are nationwide, but right next to the Plano's are identical
boxes made in Ohio, with a rust resistant vapor blah blah stuff.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flambeau...tment-Divider-with-Zerust-Protection/16326921

Not looking to hijack this thread, but sort of on topic???Where can one find those 2 part plastic tool containers that end mills and such are shipped in?

Perfect thanks.

A Canadian Distributor might be a better deal. Mea Culpa - I usually check a poster's location first.

Issue is this sort of goods has price breaks on volume. And the volume is decidedly "non-trivial".

Even so, minimum order qty gets one a LOT of goods!

:)

The link you posted brings me to a site that has technical names for various packaging. With that I can now search specifically for what I need. I'll definitely search Canada first. Thanks

I got some drawer bins from, of all places, Bed Bath and Beyond.

Bamboo Cutlery Tray - Bed Bath & Beyond

They have them in different materials, different sizes and some are expandable to fill the drawer space.

Steve

Smaller subset, lower prices, "Big Lots", nearby.

Also a deep model with a carry-handle and pockets that manages salad forks, spoons, tongs, soup ladles for Kitchen & DR upstairs, has siblings useful downstairs for a "tasking load" of # 9 B&S or MT 2 and 3 tooling, drills, chucks, milling-cutter holders, etc..

Back