What's new
What's new

Transformer for sale.

gear cutter

Cast Iron
For sale. 1 step up transformer. 15 kva. 240v to 480v. 3 phase. 1 owner. I bought this new in 2011 to run one machine in my shop that had a 10 HP motor wired for 480 only. I moved to a new shop in 2015 and now have 480v 3 phase so I don't need this any more.Asking $300.00

Yes it is.

Cool! My buddy was looking for one recently. I'll find out if he's still in the market and get back to you. Do you know approximate weight and dimensions? ...I kind of expect it to be big and heavy enough to make freight a PITA, but IDK.

Cool! My buddy was looking for one recently. I'll find out if he's still in the market and get back to you. Do you know approximate weight and dimensions? ...I kind of expect it to be big and heavy enough to make freight a PITA, but IDK.

The transformer weighs 195 lbs. according to the service tag. I would bolt it to a 3' X 3' pallet and wrap it up.

The transformer weighs 195 lbs. according to the service tag. I would bolt it to a 3' X 3' pallet and wrap it up.

I have "inbound" a 1:1 Delta-Wye 27 KVA, 225 or 250 lb per GS-Hevi-Duty data plate. Once palletized it tipped the freight scales at 280 Avoir, ex Indiana. Transiting Columbus Ohio as we speak, due the Forward Air terminal about 2 miles from the house "soon".

$230 in transport. Cheaper, Manassas or Winchester terminals, "YRT" or the like, but traffic's a bitch to the first, fuel eats the savings to the second. See also "Fastenal" store-to-store, user pickup.

One this light - or even my slightly heavier one - any pickup, mini-van, or SUV as can seat an American Standard lardass can easily load and tote.. The "residential liftgate" last few miles @ $75 to $135 extra is not really needed. Just "corner walk" it up or down a store-bought ramp or a pair of 2" x 6", 8", 10", 12" AND NOT 2" X 4"!

$230 worth.

Back