What's new
What's new

Wtb tree journeyman

sam_stlouis

Cast Iron
I'm kinda kicking tires and thinking about a tree journeyman 310 or 325, with dynapath controls. Perfer to stay inside an 8 hour drive of St. Louis, with ability to load on your end. Or affordable way of getting it loaded.

A 425 is just to big and out of price range.

Fully functional perfered, or mechanically good but problems with controls/drives are ok for right price. I'm just a home garage guy so o don't mind taking the time and doing a hobbiest level retrofit. But mechanically bad shape, bad spindle, head, ways, etc. are out of the question.

I'm open to other machines but 3500 lbs and vertical mill size are about my limitations. And the tree journeyman appeal to me.

I've been watching them a while and prices can be all over the place, I've seen really nice ones from 1500 up to 5000, and ones with control problems from free up to 2000. I'm not in a hurry to find the right one for the right price, looking to spend up to 3500 I've seen enough nice running machines sell in that price range. Or up to 1500 on a retrofit candidate depending on condition. If you have any leads let me know
Thanks sam

I'm kinda kicking tires and thinking about a tree ...
I really hate it when someone says, "I'm looking for an elephant" and some smartass has to reply "I think you should get a tiger instead."

But.

ewsley had a big Tree he wanted to pass along. If you've got a little more space than you said, the guy is an Ace and he is Responsible and bla bla bla.

Maybe shoot him a pm just in case you find an extra five square feet of floor ?

Thanks everybody for all the help, got more offers then I expected so fast. Found a 310 local. He accepted my offer, if the deal falls through for some reason I will let you know
Thanks sam

Thanks for posting the link, I actually talked to hm yesterday and am driving down Tommorrow to pick that stuff up,in the hopes it will cover any needs I have for the machine I'm getting, since it does have some electronic problems, thanks

Let me know if you need some help. I have a 325 here that I put a retrofit on and have done alot of maintenance on it too. I have some spare parts also.

I'm really looking for a 425 but might consider something else if the machine is nice. Do you have more details?

Back