What's new
What's new

Monarch bb lathe not showing any oil flow

oskie

Plastic
Hello, Got a long standing project running last night, noticed no oil flow in the sight glass. Is the pump likely clogged, is it hard to remove. Also when engaging the spindle, the lever requires cost pressure to keep it engaged. Is there a clutch adjustment of something else not allowing the lever to lift and stay engaged. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
clean the filter

Hello, Got a long standing project running last night, noticed no oil flow in the sight glass. Is the pump likely clogged, is it hard to remove. Also when engaging the spindle, the lever requires cost pressure to keep it engaged. Is there a clutch adjustment of something else not allowing the lever to lift and stay engaged. Any help is appreciated.

I have LeBlond, when the oil stops flowing in the sight glass it means I have forgotten to clean the filter.

Look for a lever on the back of the headstock, rotate it a few times top clean the filter screen, then recheck.

CarlBoyd

No cleaning lever on my CBB Monarch. I would guess that the pump plunger might be stuck. Check oil level in headstock first. If that doesn't lead to the cause you will have to pull the top off it and take a look.

Back