What's new
What's new

South Bend 16" Restoration Service - NYS

ETRem1

Plastic
I have a SB 16" x 8. I am in the middle of so many projects at the moment and it would be many months until i have the time to turn to the South Bend. Does anyone know if there are any good company, person or service that can do a first class restoration (i cant believe i am asking this!)? If not, it will have to wait in line.

If anyone has recommendations in the tri-state area, let me know.

Go ahead and post this same question in the South Bend forum. It will double the chances of you finding the right person. Many people can rebuild machinery but someone who has special experience with the SB would be better and more willing to work with you.

Charles

I posted this once before but it never showed up. I have never used the services of this company. The owner is a friend of a friend. They're located in Marathon, NY, a little east of Ithaca. It looks like they've saved some basket cases based on their web site.

http://galleryofmachines.com/

20 Front Street
P.O. Box 460
Marathon, NY 13803

www.galleryofmachines.com

I thought they were out of business? Still working?

Charles

Stephen Thomas is in NY and if he is still on PM in the woodworking forum ask him as he has a planner and could plane the bed and he is a good machine rebuilder too. If your not in a rush, have him plane the bed and sigh up for the May Vermont Rebuilding Class. Warren Jones has a post in this forum. Warren also have a friend in NH who has a planner. Warren is a good scraper too.

Back