What's new
What's new

Lathe operation

jgtooling1$

Plastic
I’m new on this,
Who can tell me how to get operator manual, I need to learn how to run this old baby. I’m doing the machinist hammer project
Serial number 40556, 3-1955

If you are really that new I would recommend getting help from someone directly.

Alternatively, watch a movie on youtube for some generic pointers. something like this:
YouTube

If you really insist on being self taught, be really careful: wear safety glasses, no gloves, no hanging cloth or jewelry, short sleeves.

Oh and if you need a manual you need more than just a serial. What is the make/model number? Put that into google.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly but if you want the operator's manual for your machine so it can teach you to run the machine, I think you are gonna be very disappointed when you find a copy. Kinda like your car's owner's manual doesn't teach you how to drive, it assumes you ALREADY know how to do that. Rather it gives info on care and maintenance of the car.

Very basic information can be found on you tube.
Easy to break the machine or get killed with trying things not taught and practiced.
kids can get killed if they can turn on a machine so a good lock-out switch is important.

YouTube

Back