What's new
What's new

Silver solder paste recommendation

MCritchley

Stainless
We are looking for a good silver solder paste that would be compatible with copper, brass, and, stainless. I used the paste quite often at a previous job with great success. My issue is that I have no idea what brand or type it was, the jar had no label! I didn't realize how many options there are out there, we are looking for something that is user friendly. We are doing thin walled parts and heating with a torch.

Any recommendations?

I should have clarified, we are looking for the solder powder mixed with a paste flux. The solder and flux are pre applied to the joint before soldering, just add heat!

I tought that solder paste exist only in (soft) solder version but there also appears to be silver braze paste.
Item Requested Not Found

By silver solder I assume you mean silver braze? Not tin-silver soft solder?

About 50-50% changes to get it right when someone is talking about silver solder... either high temp silver braze with around 55% silver or low temp soft solder with 96% tin and 4% silver.

I have a canister of POSTALLOY 70PA low temperature solder. Premixed with paste, 425F temp. Container says it is a good color match to stainless and stays shiny. It was give to me about 25 years ago. I did one repair with it back then and it worked. Not sure if it is still available. This container has separated. Not sure if it can be remixed and work.
Made by Postle Industries
Cleveland Ohio
Ph 216-881-2400

Back