What's new
What's new

10L Single tumbler metric - what is in the transposing kit?

StrayAlien

Cast Iron
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked. I have scanned this forum but have not found a thread that details exactly what in included in the metric kit for single tumbler SB 10L's. Mine is a 1941.

So, if I may ask, what is in the box? :-)

It might be worth noting that I am not looking to cut approximations - looking for the real thing, and as exact as I can muster from old South Betty. I have recently acquired a 127 tooth gear to use as a template to create the 127 to suit. For sure, I don't need everything in the box but am curious to know.

Many thanks,

Greg.

Thanks Allen. Very useful. The chart shows all the kit gears too. Nice.

And, truth be told you don't even the banjo for most common threads. The 127/100 and some stud gears should do the trick.

But those pics are useful. Thanks. That was the sort of thing I was hunting for.

Greg.

Uh, how do you plan to attach that 120/100 to your current banjo, which has fixed studs for smaller gears, and no slots to change the center distance?

I seem to recall someone here attaching an angle plate to the back of the headstock to interpose the compound gears...

allan

So, if I may ask, what is in the box? :-)

Greg -

When I got my Heavy 10 it came with original documentation, including South Bend Parts List No. P-10. I am attaching the page out of it that lists all the items in their metric option. Although it lists a metric transposing gear box my lathe does not have that. As you can see it is dated 1 October 1944. Passing along for what it is worth.

Dale

Hv 10 Metric.jpg

Back