What's new
What's new

13" parts for sale - Boston area

TomBoctou

Hot Rolled
I have a gearbox and apron from a 13" SB. The gearbox is labeled "CLC 145C". I can't say much about the condition except that they came out of working machines and there are no broken teeth.
2021-11-28 19.20.10.jpg2021-11-28 19.20.15.jpg

I also have three of these D1 spindles. I think they're from the same lathes (13" SB), but I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone confirm?
2021-11-28 19.19.32.jpg

These things are heavy and I don't have time to deal with shipping, unless they're worth a lot more than I expect.

Make an offer. The stuff's gotta go.

I also have three of these D1 spindles. I think they're from the same lathes (13" SB), but I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone confirm?

That doesn't look like the normal South Bend belt driven spindle!
The South Bend D1-4 spindle looks like the pic. "attached" & it doesn't have that style of front bearing assembly, South Bend uses special bronze bearings.

I don't have time to deal with shipping, unless they're worth a lot more than I expect.

I can't speak for the one's you have, but a South Bend D1-4 spindle for a 13" lathe will go for several hundred dollars "IF YOU CAN FIND ONE" I've been looking for one myself!

Doug

Attachments

• South-Bend-13-Lathe-D1-4 Spindle.jpg
    South-Bend-13-Lathe-D1-4 Spindle.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 12
Oh bugger. I wonder what they are, besides scrap metal.

I do have a couple of D1 13" SB spindles - with bronze bearings - but they're locked away out of reach for another month or two. At least one is a complete headstock.

Back