What's new
What's new

13 x 48 SOUTH BEND LATHE - MAKE OFFER

Hand filed and sanded smooth 13" Southbend Lathe.. Will take paint like it was going to the show. Rebuilding a Southbend? This would be the crowning feather. I need space - way too nice to scrap Call the captain at four one three six five four nine five zero zero.

I would love a SB 13... Just have no idea where in the US it is... How much you want and if that is a phone number that is a scam....

Selling things around here is a little different than Craigslist :)

Well I did answer one question with a search...

"Area code 413 is located in western Massachusetts and covers Springfield, Chicopee, and Pittsfield. It is the only area code that serves the area."

With no listed defects it must be like brand spankin new.
A quart of paint, so 20 bucks and have a perfect lathe ,Wow.

Did he say he would take Pay Pall?

Oh wait,,,I cant pay pal to a phone number ..Darn.

I spoke to Bill this morning. He sounded like a pretty nice guy & he's in the Springfield, MA area.
I think I convinced him to try and post a few pictures on here and some idea of the price he had in mind. He is pretty much asking what the scrap value would be (he quoted me a price and it was cheap !). He just doesn't want to scrap it.
According to what he told me, the filing and sanding is just on the rough areas in the castings. It is in an old shop he is going to try and get up and running again and apparently the lathe is apart. He also needs to drag it out of the clutter to get good photos. From what he told me, it sounds like it is a model from the '40's with a single lever gearbox .
If I could figure how to make room for it, I'd already be there to pick it up.
CWC(4)

Back