What's new
What's new

17” turn-nado

Hey guys, My start up contactor stuck and burned up on me. I am having a heck of a time finding a replacement with the same power pulls and amp ratings. If anyone has any suggestions or leads please share!! It’s a 17” turn-nado lathe s/n- GJ-2985 I can give more info if you have questions
Greatly appreciated
Bobby

Pics of the contactor would be a big help

Edit contactor
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Once bought a bunch of South Bend lathes when outfitting a machine shop for a vocational technical school. Ordered three 13 inch lathes, and one 17 inch Turn-nado lathe. The Turn-nado lathe kept breaking a link in the power feed engagement mechanism, and South Bend did not have a fix for this problem. I later found out that this was not a USA built machine, but some cheap foreign crap that South Bend imported, and put their badge on it.

Once bought a bunch of South Bend lathes when outfitting a machine shop for a vocational technical school. Ordered three 13 inch lathes, and one 17 inch Turn-nado lathe. The Turn-nado lathe kept breaking a link in the power feed engagement mechanism, and South Bend did not have a fix for this problem. I later found out that this was not a USA built machine, but some cheap foreign crap that South Bend imported, and put their badge on it.

The 17 inch Turn-nado lathe was made in South Bend, Indiana.
Because you had to have a $20 part replaced once in a while, you condemn the machine :nutter:
Ted

Back