What's new
What's new

17" Turnado Cross Feed Issue

lnindustrial

Plastic
I have purchased an early 17” Turnado with the 2 ½” spindle hole. Everything seems to work properly on the lathe except the power cross feed. The carriage feed works properly, however when you engage the cross feed, nothing. I have begun to remove the feed levers up to the point to removing the casting on the front of the carriage that is held on with the 3 ¼” cap screws and it comes out about 1/8 of an inch and stops. I am looking for any suggestions on what may be the issue with the cross feed engagement and if anyone has any illustrations of the carriage and disassembly suggestions or instructions. The "dog" that moves into the detent on the feed lever seems to move forward when the lever is moved but no engagement so I am assumting that the issue is in the carriage. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have purchased an early 17” Turnado with the 2 ½” spindle hole. Everything seems to work properly on the lathe except the power cross feed. The carriage feed works properly, however when you engage the cross feed, nothing. I have begun to remove the feed levers up to the point to removing the casting on the front of the carriage that is held on with the 3 ¼” cap screws and it comes out about 1/8 of an inch and stops. I am looking for any suggestions on what may be the issue with the cross feed engagement and if anyone has any illustrations of the carriage and disassembly suggestions or instructions. The "dog" that moves into the detent on the feed lever seems to move forward when the lever is moved but no engagement so I am assumting that the issue is in the carriage. Any help is greatly appreciated!

It is probably just the adjustment of the CF gear. Do you have a manual?
What you don’t want to do is blindly start taking things apart :nutter:
Ted

Back