What's new
What's new

1957 South Bend 13 Parts

Wildergarten

Plastic
Got this lathe and tore it down. It was filthy with water-based coolant residue that coated everything with a sort of varnish.

IMG956168.jpg

Once I got to it, three weeks later it's cleaned, castings blasted and painted, bolts wire-wheeled, holes retapped, and now it's mostly assembled with new felt, and a few bearings, with controls yet to go...

20190820_164112.jpg

...but oops!

20190817_131050.jpg

I broke one of the gearbox tumbler arms pressing the pin into a new bearing. So I'm stuck. If anybody has one around, I'm in need.

It came with a turret I don't need and want to sell.

20190820_170443.jpg

I'm also looking for a forward/reverse switch cover plate, a 4-jaw chuck and faceplate in addition to the tumbler arm. Please PM me and let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:
I’ve got several 2 1/4-8 faceplates in various sizes, anything in particular you’re after? I think I have 3 or 4 with the biggest being 12” I think.

Got this lathe and tore it down. It was filthy with water-based coolant residue that coated everything with a sort of varnish.

View attachment 263547

Once I got to it, three weeks later it's cleaned, castings blasted and painted, bolts wire-wheeled, holes retapped, and now it's mostly assembled with new felt, and a few bearings, with controls yet to go...

View attachment 263545

...but oops!

View attachment 263546

I broke one of the gearbox tumbler arms pressing the pin into a new bearing. So I'm stuck. If anybody has one around, I'm in need.

It came with a turret I don't need and want to sell.

View attachment 263548

I'm also looking for a forward/reverse switch cover plate, a 4-jaw chuck and faceplate in addition to the tumbler arm. Please PM me and let me know.

Thanks,

Mark
Repair that arm.

Still hole from front through to back while clamped well then tap back part for long Allen bolt.

Possible drill 2 so it cannot twist.

After proper fitting epoxy it well then paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back