What's new
What's new

9 wide bed series O compound slide ? on "LARGE DIALS" and screw

sandman-pi

Plastic
Sorry if asking seemingly simple questions - but totally new to lathes .. And on top of that - taking one apart and puting bac together before I even get to make one simple thing..😣.. The 2nd note makew me want to drive my diesel into factory store front / I mean crash throu the front door?/ and hual off the biggest lathe and any tooling within 200 feet 😇.. Anyway.

The dial and screw on the compound and slide are not the same as a 9A qre they?? Which brings a general on the LARGE dials.. I cant just grap one one large dials / screw ebay can I?? What do i have to do for a large dial??

no
no
no one knows.....you will have to take measurements...its an oldie.
no large dial assemblies were made at the time.

in that order. :)

ps - i have an oddball too so im not tryin to come across as snide..its just the way it is with the old ones.

Shake my head.. I trying to put a gizmo in that wasnt even made .. Or?maby not. 😩..

The things one learns after hauling stuff home 🕵..

I didnt even think about the ABC - XYZ production series/ and 1/2 a dozen decades in time SQUARED..

I AM LEARNING FAST ..

SIDE NOTE: I think you being kind taking the time to comment.

On that note

Its a real gray zone on internet forums and how things spin out of control when post get taken the wrong way.. Lets just say left handed vrs right handed .. If everyone jumped in a mountain stream once a week - the world would be a better place..

if anything will work its probably the large dial assembles from a heavy 10
but do check all measurements.

Steve Wells was contemplating making some kits available but not sure where that stands...he was pretty swamped at work...but you might check with him.

Thx and I just may.. The dial on the compound is one of the few things that is NOT in good shape from many reasons over the last 80 years lol.. Need to replace it.. DRO or no DRO a large dial is going on there one way or another..

Back