What's new
What's new

Advertisements from August 1933

rmd55

Plastic
Brousing Popular Mechanics from August 1933 I came across these two adds. Before I saw the add the largest lathe that SB made I thought was 24" but her they list a 36". Has anyone ever seen a SB 36? And Don't you wish you could get a 9" Tool Room model for only $100, but in the same issue they had an article on a $700 house

View attachment 234617

View attachment 234618

The lathe comes out pretty reasonable, $1,938.38 adjusted for inflation.

That $700 house though. That's a steal at only $13,568.64 in today's money.

Thanks for sharing!

My dad bought a 1936 Workshop 9C with a 4' bed for about $85. He opted for the "time payment" plan. I can't remember what he told me the monthly payment was. I still have the lathe and my grandson is making excellent progress in learning how how to run it and take care of it. I told him his name is on it when I go to that Great Machine Shop in the Sky!

Hi all, I am looking for someone that can professionally appraise a vintage South Bend lathe. Catalog No. 83C, swing 13” and with a 6 ft. bed. This machine dates back to the late 1920’s or early 1930’s. I am waiting for the serial card from Grizzle. This is quite the find, it is still operational, and most of the original parts and accessories are with it, including the Catalog. The motor is also original equipment from Robbins & Meyers, Inc. Any help would be appreciated. This unit will be up for sale in a couple of weeks.

Back