What's new
What's new

Anyone have a SB 2A Collet Sleeve handy?

Mpehon

Plastic
My 13" SB is the older model with a 1-7/8x8TPI spindle and 1" through bore. Along with my lathe came the nose cap, collet hand wheel and several 2A Collets. However, the collet sleeve is not there.

I have looked online and haven't seen any available, and no pictures of the 2A sleeve. I figure if I buy an MT4 blank, I could attempt to make one.

Does anyone have one handy that I could get measurements off of?

Thank you!

If you can machine a hardened MT4 center, then you could make your own. The 13" regular spindle has the same taper as an MT4. In fact, the spindle looks to have a native MT4 socket, albeit a short one. You won't be able to remove it with the nose protector, but a simple knock-out bar should do the trick.

the length over all: 2.625
rear bore: 0.855
flange OD: 2.215

the rear bore is the smallest bore, there is a relief approximately 0.400 from the small end. yes, there is a pin, 0.120 in length, the end of which is 0.165 from the end. Do you want to borrow one for measuring?

Got to agree with SLK the nose protector is not a good way to remove the sleeve. I have nockout bars for all my lathes. They will work with whatever is in that taper. No questions asked.

Back