What's new
What's new

Anyone in the market for a 13" taper attachment?

naru

Aluminum
I've got an old Toolroom 13" (catalog number CL8145B, serial 2143TKL9) who's days of holding tolerance have long since passed. Those soft ways really took a beating over the years and I'm afraid her gearing isn't long for this world either. Well, the taper attachment however is still in a "like-new" state. I'm confident it was only ever used once, by me, when I finally broke the varnish seal that's been holding it captive for the past two decades. It's been completely stripped apart, cleaned thoroughly, and reassembled back onto the machine so nothing would be lost.

I'd like to sell it as there's no point keeping something in this condition just to watch it wither away unused and unloved. All of the original flaking is still there, there's no scoring, no rough spots, and no signs of wear. Aside from surface tarnish from being out in the shop getting cutting oil splashed onto it and a few episodes of flash rust from the high humidity here, it could pass as new.

I can offer it stand alone or with all of the necessary pieces to modify a machine to accept it.
That would be:
The taper attachment itself, way clamp, chip guard for a machine with taper, cross feed screw (I can sell it with a new assembly with or without bearings, your call; or I can send it with what it has currently), the ball crank bushing, and all of the associated hardware necessary to make the conversion.

I don't want to part out the taper attachment itself, but if you need any of the other parts or pieces related to the feed screw for the taper let me know. I'm not offering any other parts off of this lathe.

IMG_0076 (3).jpg

This is the only picture I have on my PC, I'll get some more when I go to the shop tomorrow. As for pricing, it's really just dependent on what else you want included with the attachment. I'm not putting a set price on it, just make me reasonable offers and we can work from there, I'm not unreasonable.

I'd've posted this in tooling for sale butttttt my target audience is here.

Message me here, or phone 2526708907, or email [email protected]

Back