Assistance needed in Long Island, Suffolk County, New York (LOTS of Equipment) - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pbrtwo View Post
    Happy New Year!

Jim - Just wondering if you are near me on LI and able to help at all?

Many thanks!!!
    Regrets, but at the turn of the year my work situation has heated up substanially.

Ideally the person to do this would have to spend at least a day organizing the material, laying
    it out, and photographing it all.

When I worked at brookhaven labs, I would typically budget about four hours to get there. From
    your description it sounds like the material is located north short, around Coram.

I hope you can find a local person to do the task for you - best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would be interested but I live in Michigan, a 10.5 hour drive away. It would have to be worth my while. I also would be limited in what I could hall back. I could help though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

pbrtwo--I wouldn't mind helping out identifying items although I don't know if I would be that helpful in pricing. I am in Nassau, north shore. A also know someone near you who could help out in pricing items. Give me a PM or email if you would like to exchange phone numbers.

Tom B.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think you need to get in touch with Cabin Fever Auctions ASAP, like emailing them tonight and or calling them on the phone first thing tomorrow!

Their annual consignment auction is at the Cabin Fever Model engineering show which is coming up in under 10days and probably your best bet at getting top dollar as there will be collectors/hobbiests from all over the North Eastern USA coming there and it will bet the best auction you can possibly get this stuff into! I know they run auctions year round but the Jan 18th one is the big one! For all I know it is too late for them to catalog more items so you best act fast if it isn't too late here's their contact info;

Jared Schoenly
    12 Wright Ave
    Spring City, PA 19475Phone: 800-789-5068
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.cabinfeverexpo.com

One other thought though, just to put it in your mind, it all comes down to the golden question time vs money. Barring a good auctioneer to maximize your profit will require breaking each item into the smallest lot possible. For example selling just the lathes, then the tooling separately. The more time/effort you put into this the more money you will squeeze out of it selling each piece separately, taking the 5-10mins each to take good pictures, list it, research it if needed etc.. then you have to pack and ship it. On the other hand how much time do you want to put into breaking it down to the smallest parts and what is your time worth? Maybe others will disagree with my guesstimates, but my quick look at the photos you posted, I am thinking that maybe fully broken down unless there is a lot more stuff missing maybe $4-7K worth of money if you sell each piece on eBay for top dollar to the guy who needs it, you have a lot of boxes of parts and pieces of machines that already look to be parted out (meaning the most valuable stuff likely has been sold). If someone offered you $3K for everything and it was gone in one day, would you be happy? Or do you want to be the guy who invests the time/effort to list/sell each last piece?

ntact info;

5. Likes timj liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the info.

Will try to contact them in the next few days.

As posted earlier, when the time comes, it is LOCAL PICK UP ONLY & MUST bring manpower to move from garage to your truck/vehicle. The good news is most every piece of equipment in the workshops are on wheels, dollies, carts, etc. so they roll but these items are still particularly heavy. No eBay and I really do not know what the stuff is which is why I need help.

Many thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sent you an email. Haven't heard back.

This would be to the email account connected to PM, not to your messages in PM.

Steve

8. Likes timj liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many thanks to all on the PM Forum for your input, suggestions, private messages, and e-mails.
    Truly appreciate all the time and efforts from all.

A BIG thank you Chad, Tom, Jamie, Jared, & Gary!!

My plan is to consign my bother's shop with Cabin Fever Auctions.
    And the auction will be held in conjunction with Cabin Fever Model Engineering Expo in Lebanon, PA on Friday January 18th.

Below is the link so you can find out all the details if you are interested in any of the equipment:

Cabin Fever Expo & Auctions: Home