What's new
What's new

A Big Thank You To RexTX

Texasbowhunter

Aluminum
It all started here on this S/B forum...
I posted a few topics indicating I am green when it comes to operating a lathe...I have been around them on and off all my life and have always taken the desire to operate one but never really got the full opportunity to get fully acquainted with there use...
So Fast forward and now I am at point to purchase one and start learning some of the basics...
I asked a few questions in the S/B forum since at the time I was thinking I wanted the S/B, now with that said I really had no idea what was out there and what would fit my needs for when I retire in a year...

So I get a PM from RexTX and he offers some assistance in helping me get a better understanding in what I need to look for in a used lathe...His guiding was welcome to say the least...
He took the time and spent a couple hours at his place not knowing me to answer questions that was on my mind for when I find one...Now all the lathes I was looking at were on the other side of the US which meant a heck of a drive to look at them...
Before the weekends up I get a message from him telling me to look at a auction site where he has stumbled upon a lathe that seems like it was going to fit my needs...He mentions what the lathe should sell for and not to go over a given amount...I acknowledge that we are on the same page...
A few days later I am awarded the lathe...
I got a very well maintained Clausing 12x36...I am ecstatic I was the bidder that won the lathe...
he offered to help me get the lathe home which was very kind of him to do so...Again only to have meet him once...
he has since been there answering all concerns/questions I have asked
His guideness on the correct QCTP was helpful and even milled the plate for the new QCTP base...

I just wanted to let the members here on the forum know what kind of guy this man is...Truly a Stand up Guy...He has been more help then allot of members on other forums I frequent with the offering of personal assistance...
Rex Thank You for all YOUR help and Guidance...Your a welcome breath of fresh air in these troubled times...
Paul

That’s awesome!
Congrats on your new lathe [emoji16]
Well done @Rex TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, Clausings are good lathes. I can't seem to find the pictures, did you forget to attach them? ;)

Back