What's new
What's new

Blue Chip Machine Shop

mby852

Plastic
Hi, Does anyone know if Blue Chip Machine Shop is still in business? I recently picked up my first metal lathe (SB 9A ) and most of it is being taken apart and cleaned and replacing wicks, etc and need some proper oil. His prices seem good but I have a feeling he's no longer in business. Phone # is constantly busy. No reply to messages.

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike,

I recently was in your shoes and was wondering the same thing. About a week after ordering the oil set he wrote to me saying he had no supply of plastic bottles so he was unable to ship and he refunded my payment. So it seems he is possibly still in business.

I bit the bullet and ordered one gallon each of Velocite 10 and Vactra 2 from McMaster and the arrived the next day.

I'm surprised I'm getting no response from him. Phone is still busy? Odd.
The toolguys2 on ebay has all the necessary oils and there prices aren't bad either. Pints, quarts and gal. and I can drive up to there store. So I will be dealing with them.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I recently was in your shoes and was wondering the same thing. About a week after ordering the oil set he wrote to me saying he had no supply of plastic bottles so he was unable to ship and he refunded my payment. So it seems he is possibly still in business.

I bit the bullet and ordered one gallon each of Velocite 10 and Vactra 2 from McMaster and the arrived the next day.

I spoke to the folks up in Largo, Fl (toolguys2) on ebay. I told them the oils for the 9"& 10K and they put the 4 PINTS together for $36.47 including tax and shipping. For those that need a small amount like me I think it's a good deal.
Mobil A_B_C & way oil.s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Back