What's new
What's new

Broken Half-Nut Lever?

mcload

Hot Rolled
Hello crew, hope everyone is well.

I am at the stage (in rebuild) of attaching the half-nut lever into the apron of my 9A, and having a bit of a time with it.
I noticed that a very thin part of the casting was broken, but not sure that's my problem or not. I looked at a few for sale
on EPay, and it looks like 3 of them all have the same broken area, but one doesn't.
Maybe the factory chipped this thin wall out?

Thought I'd check with those familiar with the half-nut lever for feedback. It sure looks broken to me.
Thanks for your comments and suggestions as usual.

PMc

PS: I just watched a Mr. Pete222 video and noticed the half-nut lever on an apron that he disassembled showed the same breakout,
so maybe it's the way its supposed to be.

2nd PS: Never mind; I got it figured out. Thanks anyway.

View attachment 282846 View attachment 282847 View attachment 282848

Last edited:
Hmmm, when I went through my 16" apron I found a mysterious hunk of metal down in the muck. Related?

_NIK312215.jpg

_NIK312316.jpg

I looked really hard for where it came from and had my apron completely apart but I never saw a place where it might have been. I forgot about it until i saw your pics. Your pictures are really well done BTW. Makes your posts nice to read.

Your pictures are really well done BTW. Makes your posts nice to read.

Sorry, I don't recognize that little chunk you found; could be anything I guess.
I'm thinking the little piece of casting (on lever) was probably busted out at factory, probably during
installation of the pin. And/or to prevent a shard from getting into the mechanism.

Thanks for kind remark Kevin!

PMc

View attachment 282975

Back