What's new
What's new

Change Gears

Athos

Plastic
Hey All,

What would you expect to pay for change gears for a 9C? I need a set (my lathe was missing them) and was wondering if the prices on ebay are what you should expect to pay!

Anybody have a set they want to part with? :drool5:

I wish you luck. They are very scarce. You may see prices greater than the cost of your lathe. To e honest, you should be saving your money to buy a modern manual lathe. It will be much, much less expensive in the end and have infinitely more value.

Look on ebay and find the fellow who advertises OBO. He is from Connecticut. He usually will accept $20.00 per gear. Tell him what you need because he doesn't list everything he has on Ebay. He will make a private auction for you and you just bid what you agreed to.

Look on ebay and find the fellow who advertises OBO. He is from Connecticut. He usually will accept $20.00 per gear. Tell him what you need because he doesn't list everything he has on Ebay. He will make a private auction for you and you just bid what you agreed to.

Thanks I will check that out!

I bought my bare bones 9C back in 2014-2015 for $210, ( no motor, no horizontal drive, no switch, no cutting tools or holder) and it came with maybe 2 change gears. My total cost since then to get a full set, plus one extra duplicate, has been about $200. That include one metric transposing gear too. Be patient and scour the online sales carefully.

Back