What's new
What's new

Die Chasers

Lathe Junkie

Plastic
I have been going through my Buddy's Shop and found a can of Threading chasers.

After my wife found out what they were called ( She used a set on a Lathe about 30 years ago and but it was a Geometric Brand) I am trying to find out what Brand they are.

The attached picture is one of five sets of Chasers that were in the lot.

Die Chasers.jpg

I am looking for the Head/Holder that goes with them, but does anyone have a idea whose Trademark this is???

CmC

Well maybe, but they are marked 1 to 4 and I put the Spring holder on so as to not loose them!

I will keep looking for a Holder when we get into the Shop again next Tuesday not that I have an idea what I am looking for.

Thanks,

CmC

Ok I got out in the shop and took these pic for the Chasers

IMG_0218.jpg

This is the side opposite from the Trademark

IMG_0216.jpg

I hope this helps with the ID.

CmC

Makes me think pipe dies as mentioned above, not for the spring holder but since no thread pitch is shown on the chaser, just 1 1/4, being pipe there is no need to list the thread pitch. If you could verify thread pitch is 11 1/2 threads it is pipe and probably goes in a pipe machine. All I can add is they are not ridgid brand.

You can /could? get bolt thread dies for the receeder heads,back in the day....I ...I got a new 1940s #3 Oster head,army green,ask people if the want it?.....Nope.

You can /could? get bolt thread dies for the receeder heads,back in the day....I ...I got a new 1940s #3 Oster head,army green,ask people if the want it?.....Nope.

I have a good assortment of ridgid bolt dies for my model 535 pipe threader. Great for making long tie rods with the rh and lh dies. I use them for diagonal bracing in metal buildings with a turnbuckle to connect/tighten them. Available new for $$$
Find a small structural steel guy and he should see the value in it. I use mine to put threads on metal studs to weld on to beams etc. to hold wood nailers onto it. You should not use all-thread since the weld on the threads is a major weak spot. Inspectors like to see a little base material where the weld is before the threads start. Way easier and cheaper to thread bar stock to the size needed than to cut heads off bolts to get the same thing... Large shops will have a nelson stud gun, faster still but $$$
I can put about 10" of thread on a bar with the ridgid pipe machine where my geometric can only do about 3 1/2 or 4". It does not have a hollow mount.

Back