What's new
What's new

Dimensions for SB 10L Spindle Adapter Sleave to Mount a MT Center

D_C

Plastic
D231163F-1F5C-4F9C-A0CF-758B6EE905D0.jpeg

Image above found on Internet

I have been looking for a Spindle Adapter Sleave P/N: CL205L or H, but so far have not found one. Some that I have seen on eBay are priced at $100 plus and might not even be the one I really need.

Does anyone have dimensions so that I could make one myself?

Thanks

The 10L spindle bore uses a Morse #5 taper. If you have a #5 center you won’t need an adapter. Or if you have a smaller Morse taper center you could use a Morse taper sleeve adapter from #5 to whichever taper you have. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 10L spindle bore uses a Morse #5 taper. If you have a #5 center you won’t need an adapter. Or if you have a smaller Morse taper center you could use a Morse taper sleeve adapter from #5 to whichever taper you have. Hope this helps.

This is not true. The 10L is similar in size to an MT5, but the angle is slightly different.

The best fix here is to forget the sleeve and just turn a 60 degree point on a piece of steel held in the chuck, and use the chuck jaws to drive the dog.

allan

Pardon my error. Precoffee fog.[emoji41] The taper angle is 0.602” per foot which is same angle as 3MT but the 10L bore mouth diameter is about 1.625-1.629”. 3MT at big end is 0.938” so 3MT too small to fit.

One could make a sleeve adapter on the cheap out of Preheat 4142 steel on the lathe cutting the #3MT first and fitting to spindle. Then seat the adapter to spindle and cut a 60degree point in place. Or like kit suggested cut a point in a piece of stock in a 3 jaw and use a drive dog. Few different ways to achieve the needed end.

Sincerely appreciate all the Great replies, information, plus Tooling Dimensions and mechanical drawing.

Along with the lathe came some accessories, tooling, raw stock, etc. including a fairly large lathe Center, yet still it is not large enough to fit the Spindle without an adapter.

As for the large or small Spindle bore, pretty sure it is the large opening, but need to verify the next time I am in front of the lathe. It is a 1943 10L. This lathe is 7-miles away in my airport hangar, not simply walking outside to my garage/shop.

Ideally, I want the ability to have a center moundsd in the Spindle and use faceplate/dogs for drive mounting. I doubt that setup will often be used, but want to have it as an option (turning between centers).

I have a full set of collets for small diameter stock, plus three and four jaw chucks.

Thanks Again,
DC

Back