What's new
What's new

Ebay Seller Jerbou-89

Texasbowhunter

Aluminum
There's a Jerbou-89 that sells on eBay
With eBay's policy they frown upon allowing actual conversation to take place...
He's from Bristol Connecticut according to his info posted on equipment he's selling...
Anybody know him or dealt with him and have any contact information where a guy can talk to him personally...
I have reached out to him several times in the past to talk to him and gotten no where...
I may get flamed here for even considering buying anything off eBay let alone something like this but there are a few honest people out there I figure...He has sold allot of lathes and stuff on the site...
Thanks
Paul

There's a Jerbou-89 that sells on eBay
With eBay's policy they frown upon allowing actual conversation to take place...
He's from Bristol Connecticut according to his info posted on equipment he's selling...
Anybody know him or dealt with him and have any contact information where a guy can talk to him personally...
I have reached out to him several times in the past to talk to him and gotten no where...
I may get flamed here for even considering buying anything off eBay let alone something like this but there are a few honest people out there I figure...He has sold allot of lathes and stuff on the site...
Thanks
Paul

Hi,

That has to be Al Babin, if you haven't had the pleasure of learning about the many unhappy buyers of Al's stuff on every machinist board there is, you have some good reading ahead of you. I live nearby and met Al in person from a craigslist ad, he is well known in the local machinist community. I recently bought a surface grinder from a man here in CT, he said Al Babin rebuilds machines and his only tools are paint and a paintbrush. Babin lists on craigslist locally, and constantly changes the name on his listings, his website has changed multiple times, etc, you can figure it out from the Bristol location.
I have his number as 860-796-0230, good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We almost need a sub-forum for reviews and ratings of dealers and eBay sellers - as there are some good ones out there - but many (many many) bad ones - like mentioned hammer and chisel / paintbrush restorers :D

Most the prices on eBay are beyond outrageous, IDK how these people stay in business ?!?

Living in CT, I've heard the legend more then once.

Reading through the feedback, I really laughed at the fact that he over uses the word "clown". I have always found it ironic that anyone who frequently uses the word to describe others, is usually nothing but.

In a listing calling a lathe a "cream puff"....So good. Usually don't get a laugh on Ebay, but this guy delivers.

Funny, I just emailed this guy on ebay with some questinos this week on a auction he had.

I was looking at getting the quick change tool post kit he had posted, however the picture for the south bend 9 listing has a few things cut off in the picture. I asked him exactly what was included. The response i got was "all in picture"

I wont be doing business with him after that response. Checked his feedback after that and saw it was less than stellar.

I can't even remember all the 10L parts and accessories I've bought from them. They sell under 3 or 4 different ebay usernames. Everything has been exactly as described, shipping has been fast, and the stuff was cheap.

There is zero risk buying on ebay. If you don't get your item or it is not as described you will get a refund.

It's frustrating when guys like this turn up. I have no experience with this one but they do exist in other industries. You'd THINK that they would help business with the other guys, and in some ways they do, but often we see customers that have gotten burned and are in a hole and now need a miracle worker. Regardless of how true it is, it doesn't help to be told that the machine you've just bought is going to cost so much to fix that you'd be better off buying a different one. Even in the cases that things can be patched up, customers end up with a beat'n-dog-syndrome and think that every little thing is a sign that you're out to get them.

I'm of the belief that if you're in a business that uses some form of machinery, you should have enough understanding of how it works to know a good machine from a bad one, and preferable be willing to do your own repairs if needed, but at least know what needs to be done when you hire it out. All to often I see people who wouldn't change the oil in their car if their life depended on it and those same people are often the ones who can't tell when a dealer or repair man is taking them for a ride (figuratively). The machine tool world is pretty good in that regard, but there are enough first timers out there that the crooks are still in business. If more people knew what a wrench was (if not how to turn it) you probably wouldn't hear the horror stories.

Back