What's new
What's new

F/S Older 10L Headstock, ugly as sin...

Ferrous Antiquos

Titanium
...but it's in reasonably good working order. Spindle turns smoothly. Usual 2-1/4" x 8 tpi nose, 5C capacity through hole. Came off'n a single tumbler vintage Heavy 10. Bed clamps included.

I want it gone...I'm never gonna make a giant wood lathe, not gonna make a 4 th axis for my mill, not gonna turn it into some kinda winch, etc.

$90 if you come and get it or arrange for it to be picked up chez moi.

$120 if I have to pack it for shipping, plus you pay the freight via UPS or other from zip 11803, about 25 miles east of Manhattan (NYC, not Kansas !)

Open for trades - whatcha got?

hdstk.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

Do yourself the favor and build a woodlathe :D

I built a super small one which already yields nice results, even though its drive system is not perfect yet. Oh boy, if i could get my hands on that Spindle. Unfortunately its on another continent -.-

I went to the scrapyard today and found a 1935 SB 16" lathe sitting there and the headstock was off and looked to be the same shape. Bought the thread dial for 70 cents...Bob

If I was closer I'd be all over that head. I'll bet that it cleans up better than you think. Just needs to be dropped in a bucket of Evapo-rust for a couple of days.

-Ron

I'm sure there is someone closer that can take advantage of it. The costs of shipping it half way across the country makes me wince just thinking about it.

Best of luck,

-Ron

I was looking at the pictures showing the reverser and the spindle gear. It looks like they don't line up right. It may be the angle but for sure it looks like there isn't full gear engagement. Any comment?
Rolling Stone

Back