What's new
What's new

Felt kits in the UK for 9c

nck.lowe999

Plastic
Anybody here know where I can get a complete felt kit in the UK?

The kits in the USA carry a £30 shipping charge which is more than half the cost of the kit.
Daylight bloody robbery if you ask me! [emoji23]

Tia, [emoji14]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry I can't help directly, but I can say that shipping to the UK is insane over the last few years. I recently sent half a dozen end mills to somebody over there in a small "flat rate" US postal box, and the bill came to almost $80 !! :bawling: total weight of the pkg was a kilo

Yeah it's crazy isnt it!
The felt kit and rebuild book is £60 and the shipping is £31...and probably weighs less than 500grams

I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet [emoji33]

You could just get some felt. Your stores over there are easier to get that stuff. For us, we have to order it from McMaster Carr or places like that. How fast do you want it? I have a 9C book that I could bring over when I come over to visit family in June and post it to you. I don't need it anymore.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

You could just get some felt. Your stores over there are easier to get that stuff. For us, we have to order it from McMaster Carr or places like that. How fast do you want it? I have a 9C book that I could bring over when I come over to visit family in June and post it to you. I don't need it anymore.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk
Was hoping to get it done whilst we're all staying at home... What sort of felt do I buy?
Apparently its a really dense type. Being new to this I have no idea [emoji2369]

Thank you very much for the info.
I've ordered it....
Worked out nearly £50 cheaper [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

The felt that is used is a F1 grade designed for oil retention. I purchased it in size I needed in a sheet and cut to match for WAY cheaper than any kit. I used amazon for my purchase.

In a 9C there are not that many pieces of felt to replace. You can get felt that was mentioned above and cut. You only need a few pieces. The rebuild book is worthless for a 9C.

Back