Felt kits in the UK for 9c
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Felt kits in the UK for 9c

    Anybody here know where I can get a complete felt kit in the UK?

    The kits in the USA carry a £30 shipping charge which is more than half the cost of the kit.
    Daylight bloody robbery if you ask me! Felt kits in the UK for 9c

    Tia, Felt kits in the UK for 9c

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  2. Likes michael.kitko liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY USA
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    204
    Likes (Received)
    113

    Default

    Sorry I can't help directly, but I can say that shipping to the UK is insane over the last few years. I recently sent half a dozen end mills to somebody over there in a small "flat rate" US postal box, and the bill came to almost $80 !! total weight of the pkg was a kilo

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Yeah it's crazy isnt it!
    The felt kit and rebuild book is £60 and the shipping is £31...and probably weighs less than 500grams

    I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet Felt kits in the UK for 9c

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Posts
    231
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    295
    Likes (Received)
    48

    Default

    You could just get some felt. Your stores over there are easier to get that stuff. For us, we have to order it from McMaster Carr or places like that. How fast do you want it? I have a 9C book that I could bring over when I come over to visit family in June and post it to you. I don't need it anymore.

    Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY USA
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    204
    Likes (Received)
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nck.lowe999 View Post
    Yeah it's crazy isnt it!
    The felt kit and rebuild book is £60 and the shipping is £31...and probably weighs less than 500grams

    I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet Felt kits in the UK for 9c

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    I wonder if its any cheaper shipping from Oz?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    No idea where to get the kit fro. In oz?

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michael.kitko View Post
    You could just get some felt. Your stores over there are easier to get that stuff. For us, we have to order it from McMaster Carr or places like that. How fast do you want it? I have a 9C book that I could bring over when I come over to visit family in June and post it to you. I don't need it anymore.

    Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk
    Was hoping to get it done whilst we're all staying at home... What sort of felt do I buy?
    Apparently its a really dense type. Being new to this I have no idea Felt kits in the UK for 9c

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY USA
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    204
    Likes (Received)
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nck.lowe999 View Post
    No idea where to get the kit fro. In oz?

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    eBay.com.au has it, among others: South Bend Lathe 9" Model C - Rebuild Parts Kit | eBay

    Helps to remember that the South Bend is near identical to the Hercus lathe in Oz. Maybe they have a deal on shipping for you? The ad says free shipping for me... I notice the manual is in a separate listing for $17.00 AUD

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Thank you very much for the info.
    I've ordered it....
    Worked out nearly £50 cheaper Felt kits in the UK for 9cFelt kits in the UK for 9cFelt kits in the UK for 9c

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  11. Likes pavt liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •