What's new
What's new

Free South Bend 9C lathe Oakland, CA

Nathanscott2000

Plastic
Acquired this South Bend lathe and couldnt ever get it to cut straight. Pretty sure the bearings in the head stock are smoked. Figured id throw it on here before letting the wolves have it. Would like it to go to someone who will use it as parts for their lathe or do a complete overhaul on it. Doesnt come with the stand. Call Nate @ 5623050666. Also has working motor. IF someone wants to give me any metal working equipment as trade that would be most excellent. Need a good old vise.

Very generous offer Nate, I could surely take you up on your offer, but will let someone else get a shot at it. I have 2 South Bends already, a clean 9A I bought which I use, and a 10L in pieces to be cleaned, painted, assembled.

I would like to see it go to someone that could use it that doesn't have a lathe, rather than being greedy. However, if nobody claims it I have a truck and can be up to Oakland in about an hour. :)

Cheers,
Alan

Nate,

I would love to take this lathe off of your hands. It would be my first lathe. My plan would be to restore it and use it. I live in Omaha NE. Would you be willing to ship it? Obviously I would pay for all shipping charges. I called your phone and left a message as well

Thanks

Shawn

Earlier today I asked my brother to try to get hold of you. He lives near by. :)
Rob

Rob,

I hope your brother gets it, let us know if he does.

I'm close, I have a truck, I even have a place I could store it...I could have easily had it, but I have 3 lathes, and I really would like to see someone get it that doesn't. Maybe a good omen for your brother! ;)

A very nice gesture on Nate's part.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan,
Will do, I will call him again today and see what he is doing. He like to make small metal projects in his garage so this would be good for him to use. His work is in Burlingame.
Rob

Back