What's new
What's new

FS/ FT: overhead drive main casting from 1929 wide 9

mattthemuppet

Stainless
I've managed to find a place in the garage where I'm not tripping over it every time I go in there, but I'd still like to find a new home for it and ideally something more useful to me :)

this casting came with my 1929 wide 9 (reassembly thread down there somewhere). It's in good condition, probably been repainted at some point, the bed clamps are there, the tensioner swivel moves freely as do the adjustable stops and the main pivot bearings look ok (a little scored, probably from a burr on the shaft on removal).

Doesn't come with anything else, no motor mount plate or countershaft. If it did, I'd be using it myself.

IMG_9783.jpg
IMG_9784.jpg
IMG_9785.jpg
IMG_9890.jpg
IMG_9891.jpg

I'd prefer to trade it for something - things that come to mind are a 6 jaw chuck (well, I can ask, right?), a follow rest (even more hopeful), 2 axis DRO or a rotary table or dividing head for the mill (6" would be a good fit). Also open to ideas.

Can trade for cash too, which I can then spend on one of the above :)

thanks! In a pinch I could just make one, but you never know, someone may have one lying under their rocking horse and need an overhead drive casting :)

Back