What's new
What's new

FS southbend collet set

scottmi

Aluminum
South Bend collet set with drawbar and spindle thread protector. Condition is pretty fair to new, one collet has a little rust on the internal and one is a Hardinge. Overall pretty good shape. 300.00 plus actual shipping or local pickup near Port Huron MI.

South Bend collet set with drawbar and spindle thread protector. Condition is pretty fair to new, one collet has a little rust on the internal and one is a Hardinge. Overall pretty good shape. 300.00 plus actual shipping or local pickup near Port Huron MI.

Don't you think the kind of collets you want to sell is kind of important?

Where is the collet closer? Even a 9" hand wheel collet assembly had a collet closer. It looks like a 3C set, but the tube looks too long for a standard 9" - I don't believe that SB ever made an MT#3 closer assembly. Without the closer, your set is not worth what you want.

Where is the collet closer? Even a 9" hand wheel collet assembly had a collet closer. It looks like a 3C set, but the tube looks too long for a standard 9" - I don't believe that SB ever made an MT#3 closer assembly. Without the closer, your set is not worth what you want.

Look at the box, it clearly says #5 They look like new, Priced any decent 5c collets lately? That is a very good price for just the collets alone not counting the draw bar.

Draw bar looks like its from a 16"

It's a hand wheel closer, not a lever closer.

And BTW, RSB (red stripe) collets are the more precise version of SB collets, also with longer noses. Sweet collets. Nice starter set.

I mean the collet sleeve which goes in the mouth of the spindle to close a collet. Without it, you can't close a collet.

If you scale by the diameter in the photo, (which I am figuring is around 1.3 inch for a 5C machine) then the drawbar length from end to where the bearing hits the left side of the spindle, is around 22 or 23 inches.

Long drawbars can be shortened. Short ones, hard to stretch....

M
If you scale by the diameter in the photo, (which I am figuring is around 1.3 inch for a 5C machine) then the drawbar length from end to where the bearing hits the left side of the spindle, is around 22 or 23 inches.

Long drawbars can be shortened. Short ones, hard to stretch....
I’m not home right now but will get a measurement on the drawbar tonight

Back