What's new
What's new

GE 5kH45 Motor to a Cutler Hammer Drum Switch

Thank You Paula, Im still trying! I have emailed pictures all over the world but cant seem to attach one across the street! Jack

Last edited:
Will this motor wire up and reverse to a Cutler Hammer Switch? 115V,1PH. Have used this for years but was wondering if I could start reversing it. Thanks, Jack

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt71/NanneyGoat/100_0405.jpg

Digging through my wiring diagrams I found this one for a Cutler-Hammer switch using a GE 115V motor.

SouthBendMotorWiringDiagram1.jpg

I think you can wire your lathe up using this diagram to get the forward/reverse you want.
The 'lines' will be terminal #1 and #2. The terminals #3 and #4 do the reversing.......... pg

Thanks Guys, I tried both an neither one worked. Peters schematic made it run foreward in foreward and reverse. Pinions schematic made it run foreward but sparks flew when I went to reverse. I have found another motor to try. It is a 5KCP36 115/230 GE. Its only rated for 1025 RPM but that is fine. Its 7 wire and reverses by switching RedT8/BlkJ9?. This seems strange since most say to change 5 and 8. Maybe I should post on the VFD forum but its running my 10K SB so thats the reason I put it here. Would you guys have a schematic on the 5KCP36 motor to the Cutler Hammer Drum Switch. I can post pictures (If Paula will help me) if you need them. The motor has Pur-P1/Red-T8/Or-T3/Brn-P2/Blk-J9/Wht-T2/Yel-T4. I tried it on the bench and it works fine and reverses fine. Thanks in Advance, Jack

Back