What's new
What's new

Gearbox Compatibility

Danshell

Plastic
Hi I recently bought a 10k Light that came with a new spare gear box.

As I am cleaning this old machine up I noticed the original gear box wont go into hole C. Looking inside the gearbox it has a cog with welds on it. I am unsure if that is the issue but regardless I figured it came with another unused gearbox so I may as well use it.

Looking at both of them it appears as though the unused gearbox is better made. All the cogs look to be the same size as the old gear box but the spare has a double cog to what seems like an upgrade.

I am a very poor researcher but in my limited ability I think the new spare gear box is from a 9. But I am also reasonably confident just from looking inside it and from I can see online that it is in fact interchangeable with my original 10k Light gear box.

Is anyone able to confirm or deny this? Or who do I email that can absolutely tell me if they are compatible?

The original gearbox number is CL670A and the new gearbox is CL644R.

Heres a pic of the undersides...........Thanks for any advice on this.

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

One gear box is missing parts, and has two collars in their place. I'd tear both boxes down, and cherry pick the best parts from both.

allan

One gear box is missing parts, and has two collars in their place. I'd tear both boxes down, and cherry pick the best parts from both.

allan

Thanks I put the new gears back into the new gear box and the old ones back into the original. So now I have one gear box that is complete and hasnt been used and one that is missing parts......

I will simply use the new unused box on my machine and swap the plates on the front as they appear to be identical gearboxes if one wasnt missing those parts.

Look on the notched plate up front in the center. There should be a UNIT CODE number stamped there. If they are the same gear box, that number will tell you.

Look on the notched plate up front in the center. There should be a UNIT CODE number stamped there. If they are the same gear box, that number will tell you.

Thanks, the new gearbox clearly has DTG101 stamped on that plate and the old one is a bit difficult to read but I think it says QCG101. So based on that they must be different somewhere?

Back