What's new
What's new

Heavy 10 Apron Screw?

DonTen

Plastic
I posted my new to me Heavy 10. Well when I took it apart to bring it home this one screw holding the apron on will not come out. It moves about 1/4 turn then gets real tight. I didn't want to force it and brake something. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem? Thanks

Attachments

• CIMG6175.jpg
    CIMG6175.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 57
  • CIMG6176.jpg
    CIMG6176.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 53
I posted my new to me Heavy 10. Well when I took it apart to bring it home this one screw holding the apron on will not come out. It moves about 1/4 turn then gets real tight. I didn't want to force it and brake something. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem? Thanks

This is a very common problem; I suggest you do a thread search for "stuck apron screw".

Put the other screw back in and tighten so that it is supporting a portion of the apron. You don't want to put the
problem screw in a bind. Soak the screw overnight with penetrating oil, and start working it in and out. More than
likely threads are just dirty. Try to clamp/support that side of the apron so that weight of apron is not adding
to the problem.

If all else fails. use an impact driver with a flat blade drag link bit.

Well I got it out. I put the other one back in then kept working it back and forth. I was actually lucky because the problem was it was bent. Someone must have hit it real hard at some point. Well it is like 66 years old, (1952)

Attachments

• CIMG6181.jpg
    CIMG6181.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 32
Well I got it out. I put the other one back in then kept working it back and forth. I was actually lucky because the problem was it was bent. Someone must have hit it real hard at some point. Well it is like 66 years old, (1952)

Well, yes, bent is not good. You might be considered lucky.
Don't try to use those screws again. Replace with correct size Allen Head cap screws
for the time being and until you get it back together. (Those will probably be the least
of your problems).

PMc

View attachment 290648

Back