What's new
What's new

Heavy 10 L taper attachment

Bigjohn2166

Plastic
Does anyone know if a South Bend 13 telescopic taper attachment will fit a heavy 10 L. Thanks so much in advance. Vintage 1946
John

Thanks. Can't find a good one to buy. They all look like junk on eBay.
If anyone has complete one please let me know.

Argh. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures from my phone. I'll put them up this evening.

(I suppose I need to get the tapatalk app, but that's not happening.)

Here it is. I robbed it off a Heavy Ten that passed through my hands to put on the one I already had in my shop. The telescoping cross-slide screw was not an easy swap, so it stayed with the other lathe. I cut off the extension that reaches into the taper attachment and it is with the TA. It doesn't really do anything at all if you just run it with a plain screw, but it's there if you want to make up a telescoping one. There is a little chunk out of the mail dovetail, but it seems to be other wise undamaged and all there.

The damaged bit and more detailed pictures can be found here: Shared album - Lewis Meyer - Google Photos

I'm asking $450 plus shipping.

IMG_2631[1].jpg

Sounds great. How do I pay for it. Tried to send you a my email yesterday but the page won't post it.
Thanks
John

Be advised that you will need a telescopic crossfeed screw assembly and dial/handle to go along with that.

Back