What's new
What's new

Heavy 10 QCGB Question

DonTen

Plastic
Okay I already know it has problems. I want to know what or if I can replace it with another. All the ones I have looked at appear different. I think that mine is shorter that the ones I see because they have 4 mount holes and mine has only 3 (I am posting pics of the difference) Last 2 pics are not mine. But I am wondering if the longer ones will work on mine? It looks like mine has a added piece inside so that the lead screw can be attached. This makes me think I could use the other style QCGB? I thought I would ask here for help. Thanks

Attachments

• CIMG6199.jpg
    CIMG6199.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 60
  • CIMG6190.jpg
    CIMG6190.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 65
  • s-l160011.jpg
    s-l160011.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 63
  • s-l160022.jpg
    s-l160022.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 61
A wide range GB should work. It is a little longer, so you will have to drill the fourth hole. Also, your leadscrew is longer, so it will have to be modified (maybe the last thread will have to be turned off and the length cut down approx 3/8") or you will need a lead screw from a lathe with the wide range GB.

A wide range GB should work. It is a little longer, so you will have to drill the fourth hole. Also, your leadscrew is longer, so it will have to be modified (maybe the last thread will have to be turned off and the length cut down approx 3/8") or you will need a lead screw from a lathe with the wide range GB.

Yea I was thinking that. I just didn't want to buy something that wouldn't work with what I have. Thanks

Wait... Hold on...

In the "Post Your Serial Numbers" thread, you say that your catalog number is CL1006Z. Where did you get that number, because it doesn't correspond to any H10 that I have seen.

Wait... Hold on...

In the "Post Your Serial Numbers" thread, you say that your catalog number is CL1006Z. Where did you get that number, because it doesn't correspond to any H10 that I have seen.

I got that off the QCGB that I have. It mounts right on the bed correctly and the serial number on the bed is 4512RKT9 which when I looked it up is a Heavy 10 as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• CIMG6187.jpg
    CIMG6187.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 29
Wait... Hold on...

I also found the catalog number for this lathe in an old popular science catalog. It lists it as a 10" turret lathe. and when you look at the pics of the CL1006Z it is a heavy 10. On a side note the magazine is from 1960?

Popular Science - Google Books

I also found the catalog number for this lathe in an old popular science catalog. It lists it as a 10" turret lathe. and when you look at the pics of the CL1006Z it is a heavy 10. On a side note the magazine is from 1960?

Okay, I see now. You must have a "franken" lathe! What does your carriage look like? Did you get a TS with your lathe?

Okay, I see now. You must have a "franken" lathe! What does your carriage look like? Did you get a TS with your lathe?
I am not the best on the terminology but if you mean turret when you say TS then no I didn't get one. Here is the best pic of the carriage I have right now. From looking at others it belongs on a Heavy 10.

Attachments

• CIMG6165.jpg
    CIMG6165.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 39
I am not the best on the terminology but if you mean turret when you say TS then no I didn't get one. Here is the best pic of the carriage I have right now. From looking at others it belongs on a Heavy 10.

I am stupid i guess. Yes I got a tail stock with it that looks correct for a heavy 10.

I was wondering if you still had the cross slide shown in the picture below:

attachment.php

Back