Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see that SG is available in 1 oz tube from True Value and Lowe's for under $4.

I first tried it on the smooth, unground surface of the belt back. It peeled easily. Very different matter with surfaces that have been ground. Treadmill belt will probably provided plenty of grip. How thick is it and are you going to grind a lap?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhoopee View Post
    Treadmill belt will probably provided plenty of grip. How thick is it and are you going to grind a lap?
    The TM belt is approximately 0.1" thick and I WILL grind about a 3" lap on both parts. Walmart has a 3.7oz tube sold by Zoro for about $5.5 with free delivery - can't beat that!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    The TM belt is approximately 0.1" thick and I WILL grind about a 3" lap on both parts. Walmart has a 3.7oz tube sold by Zoro for about $5.5 with free delivery - can't beat that!
    A 3 in. lap will probably be more than enough. I have been trying to separate the 1 in. lap on my test piece and have failed, even trying to pry it apart with a small screwdriver. Just be careful not to compromise the reinforcing fibers, that's what caused the failure of my first belt. I'm considering using a butt joint with a separate piece of belt to overlap the joint.