What's new
What's new

Help identify South Bend milling attachment

Patrick Lawlor

Plastic
Hi all, I acquired this milling attachment a while back. The gentleman I got it from told me it was for a 16" SB mill. Well, he was wrong, it certainly doesn't fit my 16 :)
Any help positively identifying it will be greatly appreciated. I'd like to move it along to someone who could use it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There should be something like MLA100T stamped in the jaw cavity.The T is a 13" one I think F and H are 14 and 16. An N or NK is for the nine and 10K.

There should be something like MLA100T stamped in the jaw cavity.The T is a 13" one I think F and H are 14 and 16. An N or NK is for the nine and 10K.

Well thank you! It does indeed have MLA 100T stamped on it. So this is for a 13 then.

That may command a better price than one of the bigger ones since there are more 13s around than 14& 16". Dont really know.Could be the other way around because the bigger ones might be scarce ????.I just used my T last week to lengthen some slots in some aluminum channel.Worked fine, using these things takes careful work.
You may be able to make an addaptor that will allow you to use it on your 16 by making a replica of your compound slide and adapting from there to get it up on center, etc.Dont forget the brass pads under the set screws.

Back