What's new
What's new

Help with V pulley identification

KBenoit1

Aluminum
Hi Guys,

A while ago i acquired a workshop 9" that was heavily modified. The headstock has been cut up and had roller bearings and the spindle modified to match. I bought it mostly for the tooling with it, but thought i got lucky with a set of v belt pulleys for the spindle and counter shaft. They have been in a box for a year or so and i finally got some time to start cleaning them up and doing something with them. When i started looking online i noticed the SB pulleys are different than mine.

The pulley I have has a 1 3/8" ID. It has oiling grooves machined in it and has a hole on the front side for the bull gear pin. It does not look like a homemade/shop made piece. It seemed to mesh with the factory SB9 back gear that was on the lathe. I definitely think its from another lathe, but what ?

Knowing how much the v belt pulleys are for the SB9's, I have to think this is probably worth something so i dont want to throw it out while i search for another pulley for my lathe.

Any ideas what it is off of ?

Attachments

• 20201026_130924.jpg
    20201026_130924.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 53
I have the V-belt drive on mine- I can't tell if your gear is too large or the sheaves too large- but the drive gear on mine is smaller than the end sheave, not larger.

With all the 9A's in service- and you noted the crazy prices for the V-belt sheaves- that no one's produced an "aftermarket" set of them.

Back