What's new
What's new

How can I utilize my 2A collets?

davidks

Plastic
I've got a nice set of 2A SB collets from 1/8" to 11/16th in 1/64" increments that I would like to put to use. The problem is my lathe is a 10K (light) with the through hole being a small .850" so the correct draw bar setup will not work. Can anyone suggest a way in which I could use these collets? If not, what would be a fair price for them - 33 in total. Thanks

Last edited:
I've got a nice set of 2A SB collets from 1/8" to 11/16th in 1/64" increments that I would like to put to use. The problem is my lathe is a 10K (light) with the through hole being a small .850" so the correct draw bar setup will not work. Can anyone suggest a way in which I could use these collets? If not, what would be a fair price for them - 33 in total. Thanks
You'd have to make an adapter of some type, making the collet at least 3 or four inches further out from the spindle. This isn't ideal for rigidity, and isn't a beginner project, but can be done. Price for the set really depends on condition and who wants them the most. Sometimes they go for high prices on eBay, maybe $10 each or so if in a set. It's been a long time since you've posted this, so perhaps you've found a solution or already sold your set. I might be interested as well. I haven't decided if I want to try to use this style collet yet as I'm more familiar with the ER collet sets. Let me know what you think!

Back