What's new
What's new

Lube tubes on a SB 7 inch shaper and need a ram gib..

3512B

Aluminum
I doing a total rebuild on my 7 inch shaper. I removed the oil pump after unsodering the oil tubes,
It had 3 tubes 2 for the ram and one for the bull gear. On the parts sheet it shows 4 tubes the block on the oil pump had been repaired ( blotches repair at that) the tube for the rocker had been sodered up for some reason. Is there a picture of how the correct lines are routed? Also I need a ram gib. Does anyone have a pictures of one so I can reproduce one or a spare to sell?
Will post pictures soon
Thanks
Steve 3512 b

I redid my sb 7 shaper several years ago. There are several old threads on the forum about this. My pictures really didn't show much.
If my memory is correct...... There are 4 outlets on the oil pump maniford. 2 are adjustable and 2 are not. The two adjustable go to the dovetail slides (Note: research oil line to the gibb). One of the Non-adjustable lines goes to the bull gear and main drive shaft. The other is soldered to bottom of the bracket of the gibb oil line.
I replaced all mine with new 1/8th inch Tach oil lines from auto parts store.

the piece of tube that goes threw the ram gibe was sheared off :{. not having a small angle drill, it was time consuming getting the piece out, I worked the hole in the tube big enough to get a small tap in it. It caught enough for me to pull it out.

Attachments

• ram gib oiler bb.jpg
    ram gib oiler bb.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 42
  • ram gib oiler cc.jpg
    ram gib oiler cc.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 49

Back