What's new
What's new

How to remove the pulley?

Seerx

Plastic
I am looking to remove the pully that has the 3 different sizes that drives the pully that is attached to the chuck. I have removed 2 Allen set screws from it and it will not budge off the shaft. I have also heated it and I still can not move it. What am I missing?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xrbuaf4f2b29uf/Photo%20Dec%2021%2C%2011%2047%2018%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
It's going to require some heat, penetrating lubricant of your choice, and some patience. I'm sure it has untold years of grime gluing it to the shaft. After you're sure all the screws have been removed, Heat it and put some lubricant on it then let it sit. It might even take a long day or two. You can also help to loosen it with a gentle tapping using a soft hammer.

A lot of times the set screws raise a burr on the shaft. Make sure there is no set screw still in the hole. Some put a set screw on top of one to secure it. Most times it is the burr from the set screws that give you the problem removing. A press with some patience will do the trick. Heat was mentioned and will always help.

Back