What's new
What's new

Introduction- Just joined

NedH

Plastic
I've been lurking for quite a while getting answers for some issues with my SB. I have a 9" Model A which was given to me and a Model C which I'm using for parts that I bought for $150 at a junk store several years ago. The Model C was used for woodworking by a local (Massachusetts) artist so isn't too worn, just slightly ignored and maybe abused. The Model A came from a school in Vermont, and was given to me around 10 years ago. I've dragged them from Massachusetts to where we live now in Phoenix and decided to get on with making the Model A operational. It isn't mint by any stretch of the imagination but the ways seem ok, not beat up. Somehow the saddle cross-feed screw handle had broken off so I bought one off of ebay. I'm in the process of dismantling the lathe (with Ilion's book for guidance along with Tubalcain's videos) and am looking forward to getting it all together. Maybe even painted.
Meantime, thanks for all of the good advice which I have already received here, and I'm sure will continue.
Ned

I'm new here too and have been gathering parts for a SB 9A that my uncle gave me about 15 years ago. Ebay has been my friend, or should I say I've been eBay's friend, lol. Keep us updated on your progress.

Will do when I figure out how!

It is pretty easy... There is an icon right above the reply window that highlights "Insert Image".

Click that and follow the directions.

SB Tooling Dimensions_Page_2_Image_0001.jpg

There are now size restrictions (I haven't figured out what they are yet), so shoot for around 1 MEG file size or less. If you get an error message about your image, try downsizing it and try again.

Back