What's new
What's new

ISO: 1920 South Bend carriage lock

toobiloo

Plastic
I am trying to learn to use my 1920ish 15” gap bed South Bend lathe, and the first thing I am learning is I need to replace the missing saddle/carriage lock. I believe that the saddle is the same as a 16” of the same era. Anyone have a line on one of these?

Thank you
Tobias

I need to replace the missing saddle/carriage lock

Parts List 17-C shows a cast iron blob with a tapped hole. Sure does sound like it would be fairly easy to make something that would fit there and work

Screen shot for you

Image2.jpg

I am trying to learn to use my 1920ish 15” gap bed South Bend lathe, and the first thing I am learning is I need to replace the missing saddle/carriage lock. I believe that the saddle is the same as a 16” of the same era. Anyone have a line on one of these?

Thank you
Tobias

I have several old saddle locks, but I don’t know which one your machine would take.
What size is the hole for the screw that holds it? Maybe I can figure it out from there…???:scratchchin:
Ted
[email protected]

Dont have info on the lock its self,but just use a socket head bolt for the bolt.I have two SBL machines and have converted all the square head and slot head screws to socket heads. Tool post wrenches are hard to find and allen wrenches are everywhere.The oil holes are much easier to use with allen wrenches than a screwdriver.Save the old screws in case a collector wants to buy your machine when you'r gone.

Back