What's new
What's new

It's a SouthBend.... It must be worth a bundle.

...What's with that hamster tunnel?

Bonus freebie...
biggrin.gif

The size of that chain drive lead screw sprocket is comical. I've never seen a setup like that before.

Wow, it must suck to live in the desert, I picked up this machine last weekend (price not a typo) ----> 8'' clausing metal lathe

No tooling or accessories, but cant go wrong for the price, ways were in suprising shape (I bought it for welding shafts) but I think it still has some life in it.

Every time I think I've seen it all - I find that I haven't...

Why is that South Bends either seem to be selling at nearly scrap price, or at absolutely top dollar?? There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

That first lathe is a pile. Around here that guy would have to PAY 2K to get someone to take it and move the cornucopia of crap piled all around it to even get it out. I call :icon_bs: on the price.

Tmccoy

It seems fairly common that any estate South Bend seems to be worth a lot more to the sellers - is it because it was Grandpa's lathe (and thus a family heirloom), is it because they don't have a clue what one is actually worth, or is it because someone inherited it and is trying to max out the inheritance?

Another pricie SouthBend with a couple fun extras.
I wonder about the chain drive for the lead screw.... and there is always the lawn mower wheel thread dial. Or what it is?

South Bend Lathe

That lathe is a monster and look at all the debris around the machine. It looks like they just closed that side of the plant down and made it a dumping zone. $2000. not for my money. Maybe $1000, but not $2000. There is not telling what kind of tooling is thrown around it of if any.

Back