What's new
What's new

Just got a South Bend 9A

Machdaddy

Plastic
Hello folks! This is just a post to introduce myself. Although I have been visiting for a while I just acquired a SB9A and I am certain to have a bunch of questions. Aside from working for abt 6 months as a gofer in a tool and die shop in my youth my knowledge is all self learned, trial and error and picking the brains of those who allow. My work is at a large maritime museum here in Ct. and any machine tool work that needs to be done falls to me. That's a good thing 'cause I'm always learning. Seems like lately I've been making a lot of gears for the old machinery we use and abuse. At work I can use 2 Hendey lathes (not sure of their sizes) and a 13?inch South Bend, a Bridgeport mill and a medieval surface grinder, all donations.
Anyhow my new little guy shows signs of minimal wear, I know that most recently it was used by a wooden ship modeler, and that was 20 years ago. Pretty basic with a milling attachment, bench mounted very clean.
Pics when I figure out how
Thanks for having me!

Welcome! Sounds like a pretty cool place to work.

Not sure about your system, but to add pics if you see the bar across the top, click the one that looks like a picture frame with a tree in it.

I'm in the south east corner of the state. Pawcatuck. I could drive a golf ball into R.I. if I could drive a golf ball!

I think you might be right iw. It's the spittin' image of the one shown in the link you provided on page 5! Those seemingly delicate legs was throwing me off. Thanks!IMG_0480.jpg
IMG_0526.jpg
IMG_0530.jpg
IMG_0527.jpg
Hey what's going on?

Back